Ma'am Huma Zahid has an extensive experience of more than 15 years of teaching in almost every renowned school of Islamabad. Every year hundreds of students benefit from her dedicated teaching and score excellent Grades.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
· Teaching students of different Nationalities & levels with professional expertise.
· To Generate enthusiasm and interest in students for Mathematics.
· To prepare the students for outstanding grades in exams and for entry tests.
· To clear the concepts of the students in the relevant subject by logical means.
· To build confidence of the student in the subject.
· Preparation of breakdown of syllabus on periodic basis.
· Preparation of worksheets of related topics.
· Preparation of Resource according to the students’ requirement
As Senior Teacher:
· Working as A & O Level Teacher in Supernova School since August 2019.
· Working as Coordinator IG III Mathematics in Supernova School.
· Working as Senior Mathematics Teacher of A & O Level in GSIS (Global System of Integrated Studies) Main Branch since February 2010.
· Taught A level & IB DP mathematics in Sheikh Zayed International Academy since August 2014.
· Runs “Huma’s Class Room” in I-8/4 since 2009
· Regional Distinction of Earl James Williams in IGCSE 2016 in 2017.
· World Distinction of Muhammad Zain in GCE 2018.
· Conducted Teacher’s trainer with Oxford University Press in various schools.
· Conducted teachers’ training at Pak Turk School Islamabad.
· Conducted teachers’ training at Al Huda International.
· Conducted teachers’ training at A. Q Khan Institute Islamabad.
· Taught O Levels Mathematics in Kauther College for Women Islamabad.(2014-2016)
· Has worked in John Macdonald School as Senior Maths Teacher.
· Has worked in a project with Allama Iqbal Open University (Web Lecture).
· Designing and planning the Syllabus breakdown.
· Planned the syllabus of SL &HL IB DP Mathematics and was the part of the team who helped in authorizing for the IB DP world school.
· Also created resource pack for 6,7 and O levels
· Worked as office Manager in a project supported by BHC (British High Commission) in Islamabad since March 2009 to April 2010.
· Worked as Assistant Director (Training) in NCRD during the year 2008-2009.
· Run own Academy in Allama Iqbal Town Lahore from 2002 to 2008 (During this period, I edified students of Beacon House ,Kinnaird College, Choueifat International, DPS Model town Lahore ,Lahore College for women university , Punjab University, Hailey College Of Commerce ,American Lycetuff, Convent of Jesus and Mary , FC. College etc.)
· Worked at City Cadet School Lahore as Senior Mathematics Teacher 1n 2002.
· Worked at Experience College as Teacher in 2002.
Awards and Honors:
· Certificate of Honor by the Board of Trustees of Sheikh Zayed International Academy-Islamabad in 2017
· Distinction of Earl James Williams in IGCSE 2016 in 2017.
· World Distinction of Muhammad Zain in GCE in 2018.
Best in Three subjects of Umar Mahmood in A Levels of Supernova School in 2018.
· Certificate of appreciation along with bonus on DP working in 2016.
· Appreciation Certificate for Outstanding performance for the year 2016 in GSIS
· Appreciation Certificate for Outstanding performance for the year 2015 in GSIS
· Best teacher in Senior Section for 2014-15 in Sheikh Zayed International Academy Islamabad with bonus.
· 100 % Result of O & A Levels in the year from 2014-19.
· Appreciation Certificate for Outstanding performance for the year 2014 in GSIS
· Appreciation Certificate for creating the Resource Pack 2013 by GSIS.
· Certificate from CDA on “Margala Festival” 2012
· Certificate of best performance as Mathematics Teacher 2012
· Special performance Award for the year 2012-2013 by GSIS.
· Certificate of Best teacher for the year 2011
· Letter of appreciation from the school GSIS in 2011
Skills and Competencies:
· Completed enriched training “METACOGNITION & EFFECTIVE CLASSROOM TALK” in January 2020 conducted by CAIE- Cambridge Assessment International Education
· Completed Certificate of Extended Cambridge International AS & A Level Mathematics (9709) conducted by CAIE- Cambridge Assessment International Education in Jan 2018.
· Completed Certificate of Extended Cambridge O Level Mathematics (4024) conducted by CAIE-Cambridge Assessment International Education in Feb 2018.
· Attended International Baccalaureate DP Cat. 1 Online workshop started from August 19, 2015
· Attended the Cambridge Learner workshop in Mathematics on 4th June 2014 by Steve.
· Attended the Cambridge Professional Development Course April 2014 by Paper setter Gill.
· Attended the web conference by Cambridge International Examination conducted by David Bird on 11th March 2014 on IGCSE (0580)
· Certified training from professional development training GPDT 2013
· 15 days training on Child Abduction by Re-Unite International (www.reunite.org) with collaboration with British High Commission given by Denise Carter (Director).
· Certified Training on Developing the Spread Sheets Using Ms. Excel held in NCRD Islamabad in 2009.
· Certified Training on Management and Leadership held in NCRD Islamabad in 2009.
· Refresher course of Mathematics held in Lahore (D1, D2, D3) in 2002 by Oxford.
· Working proficiency in windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, internet browsing and e-mail etc.